Alla call HORIZON-WIDERA-2022-ACCESS-01-01-two-stage Teaming for Excellence (Stage 1) sono state presentate 116 proposte.
32 progetti sono risultati sopra la soglia.
Come indicato nel General Annex F del Work Programme, la valutazione per la fase 1 si è basata sui criteri ‘Excellence’ e ‘Impact’.
La Commissione europea ha condiviso i principali punti di debolezza riscontrati nelle proposte dopo la fase 1 di valutazione:
- The credibility of the approach to ensure access to complementary funding is not demonstrated in several proposals. In particular, the precise commitment and share of contributions from potential funding sources is not shown. This is especially relevant in the case of national funding to support projects.
- Synergies with relevant national, regional and/or European strategies and policies are not fully demonstrated in a number of proposals. How these synergies contribute to the projects’ expected outcomes and impacts is also unclear in some cases.
- The effectiveness of the approach to ensure the autonomy of the CoE is not demonstrated in several proposals. This is especially clear when considering the long-term self-sustainability of some of the projects.
- Some of the proposals do not provide sufficient detail on how to attract, recruit and retain the required human resources. In some cases, this gap is particularly evident when considering gender equality issues in human resources. How any potential reluctance of researchers to move to a low R&I performing country is addressed is also not fully explored in some instances.
- The presentation of Open Science practices is too generic in several proposals. How they are integrated into the methodology of some of the work is also not clearly presented. In addition, the negative public perception of certain fields of science and technology, is not fully considered in some proposals.
- The range of barriers and challenges, both social and scientific, to how R&I excellence will be achieved are not sufficiently described in some proposals. Any approaches to overcome any barriers and challenges are also unclear.
- The impact of the proposed CoE on the institutional and national R&I systems is not fully considered in several proposals. More specifically, relevant local assessments and operational plans on how projects will be fully integrated, are insufficiently detailed.
- The key requirements and potential barriers are inadequately presented in several proposals. In parallel, the identification and effectiveness of relevant mitigation measures to address these barriers are inadequate.
La CE ricorda che nella fase 2 di valutazione i proponenti possono affrontare meglio e chiarire questi aspetti sopra elencati. La proposta verrà valutata in modo più approfondito e possibilmente da un nuovo gruppo di valutatori.
Fonte: Commissione europea
Per maggiori informazioni, puoi consultare la pagina dedicata al programma: Widening participation and spreading excellence